What is it?
Optimal intestinal health and functionality is a prerequisite for sustainable animal production. Infections of the gastrointestinal tract is a major source of loss of efficiency, downtime and additional costs for veterinary treatment. It also has a major effect on feed intake and hence feed efficiency. Certain feed components and feed additives can positively influence the microflora in the gut and in turn boost intestinal health. These ingredients often contain immune system stimulating components, antioxidants and others. A healthy gut means that the animal can process the diet more efficiently, has a better immune system and is less susceptible to pathogenic bacteria and viruses. In this Special magazine we delve deeper into the several feeding and managements practices regarding gut health and how they can positively influence animal health, performance and profitability of the farm.
Topics covered (preliminary)
- The use of novel ingredients / additives to stimulate gut health
- Gut health and its relationship with animal production
- Effect of environment and management on gut health
- Effect of feed composition on intestinal and villi development
- The immune-modulatory effects of feed ingredients
- Novel strategies to test and monitor gut health in animals
Circulation (print + digital)
- Magazine: > 50,000
- Newsletter: > 47,000
- Target visitors on allaboutfeed.net, worldpoultry.net, pigprogress.net, dairyglobal.net: > 80,000
More information? Please contact our sales team: