Airlanco's dual-purpose unloading system safely and efficiently empties commodities from storage facilities.
The Airlanco Airauger System can be installed in new or existing storage units and uses both pitched flooring and air to unload product safely and reliably – entirely without bin entry.
All mechanical equipment is installed outside the bin for safety and ease of service.
The Airauger System also provides bin aeration: It distributes air uniformly throughout the stored commodity by utilizing the same ductwork and fans used during unloading operations.
How is it constructed?
· Airauger installation begins by constructing metal troughs tailored to the shape and size of the storage bin and attaching them to the concrete bin floor.
· In existing storage, special preparation of the original concrete base is required.
· Transitions installed through the bin wall connect the troughs to exterior ductwork.
· Precision perforated decking, utilizing proprietary Airlanco technology, is placed on top of the
troughs, after the raised and sloped concrete ridges have been constructed between the troughs.
· When complete, the concrete ridges in the floor slope toward the perforated decking, as hills slope toward valleys.
· Both the concrete floor and perforated steel decking also slope toward discharge points.
All mechanical components are installed outside the storage unit to make maintenance and service easy and safe.
An externally mounted centrifugal fan sized for the application provides the high-pressure air that passes through the ducting and flows through the perforated interior decking to fluidize or aerate the stored commodity.
The pitch in the floor and ridges is calculated to equal or exceed the angle of repose of the stored commodity to keep it flowing during unloading as the incoming air fluidizes and moves stored product down the decking to the discharge point.
The Airauger System unloads even the smallest amounts of product that conventional augers normally leave behind.