Improving transparency within the feed chain
Feed safety schemes are becoming an important feature of the global feed chain. For improving transparency and comparison at all stages within it, representatives of the feed industry have created an international platform of cooperation called the Feed Schemes Observatory (FSO).
The first project that will be run under the FSO is the Feed Benchmark Project.
The “Feed Schemes Observatory - Feed Benchmark project” aims to create a benchmark system for schemes operating in the feed sector, as well as to build a bridge of communication within the value chain and regulators.
The project’s objectives are:
- To create an independent, transparent and impartial benchmark system for the global feed chain.
- To improve the comparability of the main principles and requirements that concern feed safety assurance schemes.
- To reduce technical barriers to trade (TBT) in the feed chain
- To transfer knowledge and capacity building.
- To raise awareness on the importance of auditing and certification, for safety in the feed sector.
The project is developed in cooperation with the following partners: Agricultural Industries Confederation (AIC), Brazilian Feed Industry Association (Sindiracoes), DSM, Evonik Industries, FAMI-QS, FEFANA, GMP+ International, HSL Certification Service (China), International Trade Centre, Nutreco and SGS Nederland B.V..
More information and updates regarding the project’s progress see: www.feed-benchmark.org.
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.