AFFIA, the ASEAN Food & Feed Insects’ Association has elected its executive committee.
The AFFIA was set up a couple of months ago by countries in the ASEAN* region. The association has now formed its executive committee members:
- President: Massimo Reverberi Massimo Reverberi - Bugsolutely, Thailand
- Vice President: Paijit Sangchai – Star Bugs, Thailand
- General Secretary: Anne Deguerry - Entofood, Malaysia
- Treasurer: Wasaporn Chanput – Kasetsart University, Thailand
- R&D and industrial development advisor: Bart Verstappen - EAWAG, Indonesia
- Coordinator: Nathan Preteseille - AETS Bangkok
Using insects for feed and food is a young sector in the ASEAN region. The mission and aim of AFFIA is to bring industry and research stakeholders from the insect sector in a collaborative movement towards the development of entomophagy and their related activities.
*ASEAN: Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, Brunei.
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.