ExtruAfrica 2012 to address extrusion as a food and feed processing instrument
An international conference and practical training seminar week on extrusion technology applied in food and feed manufacturing will be presented by the Centre of Excellence in Advanced Manufacturing (CoE) of the North-West University's (NWU) Potchefstroom Campus at the Protea Hotel Kruger Gate in Mpumalanga, South Africa from 31 July to 3 August 2012.
The ExtruAfrica 2012 conference topic is: A global perspective on food and feed extrusion for Africa.
The ExtruAfrica 2012 week comprises of a two-day practical training seminar on food, feed and pet food extrusion.
The main presenter is Dr Mian Riaz from the Food Protein R&D Centre at the Texas A&M University in the US and co-presenters are Prof LJ Grobler, head of the CoE at the NWU and Danie Vorster, technical manager at the NWU’s CoE.
Further keynote speakers will be:
Norman Mokoena, member of the Executive Council responsible for Economic Development, Environment and Tourism, Mpumalanga Provincial Government; and
Prof Herman van Schalkwyk, well-known agricultural economist and rector at the NWU’s Potchefstroom Campus.
Other speakers will include experts and academics in different fields relating to extrusion plant businesses, such as engineering, agricultural engineering and economics, food technology, financing and marketing, and includes:
- Dr Reza Poureslami, director of nutrition, Insta-Pro International, Iowa, USA;
- Dr E Lack from Natex in Austria;
- John Lewis from the Extruder Shop Limited in the United Kingdom;
- Dr Ralph Thomann and Frank Kage (co-authors), IGV Institut fur Getreideverarbeitung, Germany;
- Prof Victoria Jideani, associate professor at the department of food technology at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology;
- Johan de Wet, consultant, Food Product Design;
- Louis Lagrange, chief executive officer at LL Square Growth;
- Andrew Murray, engineering consultant, Andrew Murray Consulting; and
For the preliminary programme and to register, click Extruafrica
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.