IFF-International Course on feed technology
The Research Institute of Feed Technology of IFF will carry out an international course on "Fundamentals and new developments in feed-compounding technology" from 15 to 19 June 2009 at Braunschweig-Thune, Germany.
On the basis of existing fundamentals and practical experiences, the aim of this course is the updating, extension and refreshment of required knowledge for the compound-feed production.The participation in the course will be attested. The successful participation in a written examination on available and acquired know-how will be certified.
This course is intended both for junior staff and for practitioners as well as technical management staff from all sectors of the feed industry. It is recommended to employees of the supply industry as it imparts in a concentrated form the know-how on the feed production as well as for safeguarding product safety and quality which is indispensable for a successful cooperation.
The following topics will be covered:
• Basic processes and trends in compound-feed production
• Efficient management of raw materials
• Legal requirements
• Admissible and practical tolerances, undesired materials
• Milling and evaluation of the milling success (with practical training)
• Determination and characterization of essential material properties
• Sample taking and partitioning
• Mixing and evaluation of the mixture quality (with practical training)
• Reduction of carryover and cross-contamination
• Steam generation, steam properties and conditioning
• Pelleting and pellet quality (with practical training)
• Cooling and drying
• Expanding (with practical training)
• HACCP in feed mills
• Vacuum coating
• Hygienising of compound feed
• Post pelleting application (PPA) and bulk blending
• Production of premixes
• Constructive explosion protection
• Energy saving
(subject to change)
Experiences and knowledge will be imparted in updated lectures, seminars and discussions. Enhanced practical courses on selected subjects shall illustrate the contents brought forward. Each participant will receive a workbook containing all lectures and documents. The participation in the course is the precondition for receiving the workbook. The participation in the course will be attested. The successful participation in a written examination on available and acquired know-how will be certified. The successful graduation can be used as proof of the technical know-how. The lectures will be given in English language.
Binding registrations by 30 May 2009 at Forschungsinstitut Futtermitteltechnik der IFF, Frickenmühle, 38110 Braunschweig-Thune, Germany phone: +49 (0) 5307 / 92 22-0, fax: +49 (0) 5307 / 92 22-25 Email: email@example.com, Internet: www.iff-braunschweig.de
To comment, register here
Or register to be able to comment.