This was the conclusion drawn by the organizer DLG (German Agricultural Society) at the close of this international exhibition.
Over 140,000 visitors came to gather information about machinery and equipment, installations, genetics, farm inputs and services for modern animal husbandry, as well as about potentials in the field of bioenergy and decentralized energy supply – a record attendance figure as reported by DLG.
The large number of visitors is the more surprising, because due to an agreement on exhibiting frequency at international shows, the major poultry equipment companies were not present at this year’s event.
The following preliminary conclusions can be drawn:
- The number of exhibitors has increased by 8%.
Alltogether 1,939 direct exhibitors and 28 additionally represented firms from 49 countries presented their programmes and innovations. Foreign exhibitors with a 40% share underscore the international status of EuroTier.
- With over 140,000 visitors, EuroTier 2010 was the information platform for future-oriented investors.
This high level of interest reflects the positive mood among farmers.
- Livestock farmers are now setting their agenda for the future.A survey showed that around 60% of the visitors plan to invest.
Entrepreneurial farmers will continue to put every effort into developing their operating concepts.
- Some 23,500 international visitors from 78 countries came to the exhibition.
This represents an increase of about 6%.The largest detachments of foreign visitors came from the Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Finland, the United Kingdom, Russia, France and Ireland.
- BioEnergy Decentral developed jointly with VDMA Power Systems and with support from the association of municipal utilities (VKU), was a resounding success.
The programme presented by 550 exhibitors from 20 countries met with exceptionally high interest. Some 42,000 specialists visited this exhibition, including nearly 7,000 international visitors.
The next EuroTier with the World Poultry Show and BioEnergy Decentral will be held in Hanover from 13 to 16 November 2012.