This All About Feed webinar will focus on Feed Efficiency. The money spent on animal feed takes up the majority of the production costs on a farm. Therefore, it is important to get the most out of every kilogram of feed that is consumed by the animals, known as feed efficiency. This is not new, but even more relevant than ever, as constantly changing dynamics in agriculture keeps on challenging the animal protein supply. With tailor made feeding strategies, it is possible to enter the next stage of feed efficiency. In this webinar the latest nutritional strategies will be highlighted to work towards an improved feed efficiency.
This webinar will be hosted by Zana van Dijk. She’s an editor from one of All About Feeds sister brands, Dairy Global.
Category manager pigs Agrimprove for Royal Agrifirm Group
‘Overcoming the law of diminishing returns in late finishing pigs’
- Why are pigs less efficient at the end of the production cycle?
- Strategies for efficiency: it’s all about waste management
- Stress: avoid it when you can; deal with it if you have to.
Global Ruminant Manager for Phileo
“Feed efficiency: a key for a more sustainable ruminant sector!“
- Role of the rumen microbiome for better feed efficiency,
- Improving feed efficiency for more sustainable production,
- Supplementing Yeast probiotics to maximize feed efficiency
Host and Editor of Dairy Global
Senior Researcher – Ruminant Nutrition at Schothorst Feed Research
“Feed efficiency in dairy cows: characterization and relationship to feed values“
- Evaluation and characterization of animal factors related to feed efficiency during lactation
- Relationship of feed efficiency to chemical composition and feed value
- Feeding strategies to improve feed efficiency