Process Management

News 267 views last update:6 Aug 2012

Feed firm fined after breaking safety rules

An animal feed firm in the UK has been fined £3,000 (€4,420) after breaking health and safety rules after a worker's arm got trapped in a piece of machinery.

Mantas Joksas, 26, from Lithuania, was putting meat in a mixer when he slipped and his arm was drawn in.

The company (Alba Proteins) admitted failing to adequately guard a screw conveyor in April last year. The local Sheriff Court heard that workmates were unable to free Mr Joksas and the fire service had to be called.

After being taken to a hospital in Glasgow, the arm of Mr Jokas could be saved.

Source: BBC

Editor AllAboutFeed

Or register to be able to comment.