New chairman for AFIA
William C. Barr was elevated to the chairmanship of the American Feed Industry Association at the annual meeting on May 11.
Barr, the president of Bill Barr & Company Inc. of Overland Park, Kansas, succeeds VanRoekel, the president and CEO of Ridley Inc. of Mankato, Minnesota. The terms of chairman and past chairman are one year.
In related business, the AFIA Board voted to accept the nomination of Alan Gunderson to become chairman-elect of the organization. Gunderson, the vice president of Vita Plus Corporation, will succeed Barr in May 2012.
New additions to the Board, Executive Committee
The following individuals were elected to three-year terms on the AFIA Board and began their service with the May Board meeting:
- Dave Probert, ADM Alliance Nutrition, Inc.
- Gary Cooper, Cooper Farms, Inc.
- Ivan Pedigo, Gold River Feed Products
- Mike Micoletti, Penny Newman
- Al Gunderson, Vita Plus Corporation
- Steve Boenmer, Westway Feed Products LLC
- Rich Dwyer, Kent Feeds
- Steve Brody, Pioneer, A Dupont Company
- Ken Vaupel, Alfagreen Supreme
- Nate Yates, Corn Products International, Inc.
- Paul Phillips, Maxi-Lift, Inc.
- Bill Braman, Chr. Hansen Animal Health and Nutrition
- Herald Scherf, DSM Nutritional Products, Inc.
- John Thompson, Evonik Industries
- Wendy Plocher, FMC Corporation
- Greg Kean, WellPet LLC
The following individuals joined AFIA’s Executive Committee:
- Jeff Cannon, Diamond V Mills, Inc.
- RB Halaby, AgriCapital Corporation
- Lee Hall, Hallway Feeds
- Tracy Harris, Central Life Sciences
- Mike Osborne, Nutra Blend, LLC
- Mark McCulley, The HANOR Family of Companies
The following individuals were elected to the Institute of Feed Education and Research (IFEEDER) Board of Trustees:
- Mark Lyons, Alltech, Inc.
- Eddie Wells, Milk Specialties Global
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.