Feed firm fined after breaking safety rules

24-08-2007 | |
Feed firm fined after breaking safety rules

An animal feed firm in the UK has been fined £3,000 (€4,420) after breaking health and safety rules after a worker’s arm got trapped in a piece of machinery.

Mantas Joksas, 26, from Lithuania, was putting meat in a mixer when he
slipped and his arm was drawn in.

The company (Alba Proteins) admitted
failing to adequately guard a screw conveyor in April last year. The local
Sheriff Court heard that workmates were unable to free Mr Joksas and the fire
service had to be called.

After being taken to a hospital in Glasgow,
the arm of Mr Jokas could be saved.


Join 26,000+ subscribers

Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated about all the need-to-know content in the feed sector, three times a week.
Contributors Global Feed Sector Authors