AQSIQ is working on improving its feed safety legislation in controlling all imported andd exported feedstuffs.
To have a better risk management, all feed products and suppliers have to be classified into various risk levels.
All foreign suppliers (from the countries which are allowed to exports feedstuffs into China) have to register with AQSIQ.
Once accepted registration is valid for 5 years and renewal needs to be done 6 months before the expiration date of registration.
The Inspection and Quarantine Bureau at ports will conduct inspections on imported feedstuffs in accordance with the following provisions:
- Documents check :to identify whether they are identical to goods name, quantity (weight), packaging, production date, container number, the exporting country or region, manufacturers’ name and China License number;
- Label check: whether the labels are in line with national PRC standards for feed labelling;
- Sensory check: whether the packaging and containers are in good condition (use-by date, spoilage, presence of harmful organisms, soil, animal carcasses, animal waste and other materials prohibited from entering into China).
In case of violations of the above products shall be either returned to the shipper or destroyed.
If scattered and broken packages are found at the ports, the owner or agent shall be responsible for cleaning. With damaged packing and there is the risk of the spread of animal and plant diseases, the venue, goods, and apparatus subject to the pollution shall be treated for quarantine.
Inspection and quarantine agencies will carry out sampling on goods from different types of foreign suppliers in accordance with the relevant inspection and quarantine supervision mode, then issue a "drawing/sampling certificate" and send to laboratories for safety and health testing.
More details on the new legislation can be found here
The new regulations apply to:
- Feedstuffs: such as pet food, wheat bran, protein meal etc
- Feed Ingredients
- Animal protein/fat: such as poultry meal, mbm, fishmeal, fish oil, shrimp meal, squid meal, blood meal, whey power etc
The regulations will be discussed at the upcoming CFFA 2009 conference, to be held September 21-23, 2009 at Shenzhen, Kempinski Hotel.
More information can be obtained from this contact: email@example.com